IDFC FIRST Bank Benefits Card - ZETA, TERMS & CONDITIONS
Zeta branded prepaid instruments are co-branded prepaid instruments issued by IDFC FIRST Bank Ltd. in technical collaboration with Better World Technology Pvt. Ltd. (BWTL). The pre-paid instruments are offered in the form of Mobile Wallets, Expense Cards, Gift Cards, Meal Vouchers, in electronic, digital, and mobile wallet form factors along with Physical Cards of Rupay brand Payment Networks. BWTL markets, distributes and sells these prepaid instruments through its mobile applications, websites and other channels either directly or through its channel partners, affiliates, and other associates. BWTL maintains the software, services, hardware, connectivity, and other infrastructure required to operate the prepaid instruments. BWTL provides customer support, dispute resolution and grievance redressal in all matters related to Zeta branded prepaid instruments. BWTL herein, unless repugnant to the context shall refer to both BWTL and IDFC FIRST Bank Ltd.
IF A PURCHASER, BENEFICIARY OR ACCEPTOR DOES NOT ACCEPT THE COMBINED TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE ZETA BRANDED INSTRUMENT, SUCH PURCHASER, BENEFICIARY OR ACCEPTOR CANNOT ACCESS, PURCHASE, POSSESS, RELOAD OR USE ZETA BRANDED PREPAID INSTRUMENTS IN ANY FORM.
- The term Prepaid Instrument (PPI) refers to the co-branded semi-closed or open loop prepaid-instruments issued by the IDFC FIRST Bank Ltd. Limited under the authorization received from Reserve Bank of India and marketed, distributed and managed by BWTL.
- The term "use” refers to any and all of purchase, access, possess, transact, transfer and share activities of and associated with the prepaid instruments.
- Wherever the term "he"/"his" is used as a pronoun to refer to the User, it assumes the meaning of appropriate pronoun based on the gender of the User.
- Only Residents of India of age 18 years and above, suitable to enter into a legally binding agreement, may use PPIs for transactions in India in Indian Rupee denominations only.
- No individual or entity shall misrepresent its identity, age, other demographic, parental, residence, ownership, nature of business information or other such information required to enforce any laws and regulations of India, intentionally or accidentally, and wrongfully use PPIs. User shall be liable for all misrepresentations and/or wrongful usage of service in violations to these terms and conditions and/or the applicable laws and guidelines issued by the competent authorities of India.
- BWTL reserves the right to deny, suspend and terminate services at its discretion to an otherwise eligible user, with or without prior notice in any form, if it suspects, has reason to believe or upon request or instruction from a competent authority that any of the terms, rules, laws, regulations and guidelines are in violation by the usage of the user.
- PURCHASE OF PREPAID INSTRUMENTS
- Eligible user may sign-up for a reloadable PPI in Zeta Mobile application or on the website by providing a verifiable identity from a trusted identity provider like a Bank, Telecom Network Operator or UIDAI. Such PPI may not hold more than Rs. 20,000 balance and will be subject to such other limits defined and notified by RBI from time to time. Setting up an account on Zeta constitutes purchase of a reloadable PPI described here.
- Eligible user may purchase non-reloadable prepaid instruments in electronic or digital forms for upto Rs. 50,000/- after presenting an officially valid document.
- Eigible user may purchase a reloadable open PPI upto Rs. 1,00,000 (one lakh) after completing a full KYC procedure
- BWTL may ask for additional documents or information during purchase of a PPI. Any information provided during purchase of a PPI must be true and user shall be liable for all accidental or intentional false representations.
- All purchases of prepaid instruments are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- All purchases are valid for a period of 3 years from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated on the particular PPI.
- RELOADING PREPAID INSTRUMENTS
- Reloadable PPIs may be reloaded using Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Bank Transfer, Cash/Cheque Deposit at Bank or Cash payment at any of the recognized agent outlets subject to the limits of that particular PPI.
- Reloads of a PPI are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- The time taken to reflect usable balance on a reloadable PPI may vary depending on the type of the payment instrument used in the reload. If a reloaded amount does not become usable within 48 hours from the time of deposit, the user may request cancellation of the credit. BWTL shall refund the amount, if it remains unused at the time of request, in the same or similar payment channel chosen at its discretion.
- By saving payment instruments or accounts like Debit Cards, Credit Cards, etc., in Zeta Account, a User authorizes BWTL to debit those accounts to reload the Zeta PPIs upon instruction. User may revoke this authorization for an instrument by deleting reference to that instrument in his Zeta account.
- PURCHASE OF GOODS AND SERVICES
- Zeta PPIs may be used for purchase of good and services in India. Users may use Zeta PPIs for payments ONLY AFTER being satisfied with the purchased goods and services. BWTL shall NOT be liable for any unfulfilled purchases or any misrepresentations of the owners. User is deemed to have verified the quality, quantity or any other parameters of the purchased goods and services before making payment using Zeta PPIs.
- Usage of Zeta PPIs for payment towards any future deliverables is at the sole discretion and risk of the user. The transaction shall be governed by the Terms and Conditions of the seller. BWTL is deemed to be acting on the instruction of the user and shall not be liable for any such future deliverables promised by the seller. BWTL is neither the intermediary nor the facilitator of such transactions and shall not arbitrate such transactions.
- Any information presented on Zeta by any user or any third party including sellers is displayed by Zeta as-is. Zeta shall not be liable for any transactions originating from, related to or associated with such information. User is solely responsible for all payment instructions issued by him from his Zeta account or using any of the Zeta PPIs using any available channel.
- WITHDRAWAL & TRANSFERS
- No Cash Withdrawal is permitted on PPIs purchased without providing full KYC information to the satisfaction of the IDFC FIRST Bank Ltd. Where permitted, BWTL reserves the right to enable or disable various withdrawal modes like ATMs, Cash Withdrawal at PoS at its own discretion. BWTL reserves the rights to set various limits like per transaction, daily, weekly and monthly transaction value, volume and frequency.
- BWTL, at its discretion, may offer person to person, person to bank transfers from Zeta PPIs. Such transfers are governed by Domestic Money Transfer (DMT) guidelines issued by Reserve Bank of India. BWTL reserves rights to set different limits for such transactions from time to time, such that those limits are at least as restrictive as the limits specified under DMT guidelines.
- BWTL may use interbank transfer mechanisms like IMPS and NEFT offered by NPCI. Given the inherent complexity of such mechanisms, BWTL can neither guarantee any time taken to credit the destination bank account nor can it assure success of the transfer. BWTL shall debit the transferring user’s account immediately upon initiation of transfer and shall credit these funds back if it is deterministically known to BWTL that the funds haven’t been received by the destination account and shall never be received.
- Transferor is solely liable for providing accurate information of the transferee. BWTL shall not be responsible for any errors in the account identifiers or other codes specified to identify the transferee’s account. User shall acknowledge that BWTL has no information to verify the intended recipient of the transfer and shall be indemnified by the transferor of any legal or financial liability arising out of such transfer, whatsoever.
- CANCELLATION, REFUNDS & CHARGEBACK
- Where possible, BWTL may give option to cancel a payment made before it is captured by the Payee. A payment captured by the payee is irrevocable and final.
- In reload or purchase of PPI transactions, BWTL’s responsibility is to add funds to the PPI being reloaded or purchased. If the funds are delivered to the reloadable PPI or if the non-reloadable PPI is delivered to the user, User shall deem the transaction to be successful to the fullest extent and to his complete satisfaction. Such successful transactions are neither cancellable or refundable.
- User is liable to BWTL for the full amount of the purchase or reload value of a PPI plus any fees, if the purchase or reload is later invalidated for any reason including but not limited to chargeback, reversal of Transaction, dispute by the owner of funding source of a Transaction. User agrees to allow BWTL to recover any amounts due to it by debiting the Zeta PPIs of the user. If there are insufficient funds in User's PPIs to cover his liability, User agrees to reimburse BWTL through other means. If BWTL is unable to recover the funds from User's PPIs, BWTL may attempt to contact User's Bank and/or recover the funds from User's alternate funding sources, or may at its discretion, can take appropriate legal actions to collect the amount due, to the extent allowed by Applicable Law. In addition, BWTL reserves the right to suspend or terminate one or more PPIs of the user.
- User has the option to close reloadable Zeta PPIs at any time. The closure of such PPI may be communicated to BWTL over email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Termination will be effective subject to payment of all amounts outstanding on the PPI. No fees charged, if any, to User shall be refunded in the event of termination, suspension or discontinuance of Services.
- User agrees not to dispute the decision made by BWTL and accept BWTL’s decision regarding cancellations.
- FEES AND CHARGES
- All fees and charges related to PPIs, as determined by BWTL will be recovered by a debit to the PPI or through other means as available and applicable. The fee is not refundable. Any government charges, duty or debits, or tax payable as a result of the use of the PPI shall be the User’s responsibility and if imposed upon BWTL or the IDFC FIRST Bank Ltd. (either directly or indirectly), BWTL shall debit such charges, duty or tax against the PPI.
- BWTL reserves the right at any time to charge the User any fees/ charges for the Transactions carried out by using his PPI.
- Charges applicable for using PPI are subject to change from time to time at the discretion of BWTL. Details of the currently applicable fees and charges as stipulated by BWTL, will be displayed on the Website.
- Existing Fees Schedule:
|Type of Transaction
|Fund Transfer to other Zeta PPIs
|Fund Transfer to Bank Account
Service Tax, unless explicitly stated in this Schedule of Charges, as may be applicable from time to time on all fees, surcharge and other charges will be levied to the User.
- ACCESS PROTECTION & RECLAIMING ACCESS
- BWTL employs reasonable technology and systems to guard access to User’s accounts and information. However, User acknowledges that he is the solely responsible for protecting account information and that BWTL is providing authentication, authorisation and access control services for his information on a best effort basis and that he cannot hold BWTL or any of its associates or affiliates responsible for any compromise, loss, theft or damage to such information, irrespective of the cause.
- BWTL may deny access to User’s accounts maintained with it, if it suspects or has reasonable doubt to suspect or if so instructed by competent regulatory or legal authority or upon its sole assessment of risk, abuse and non-compliant activities associated with such account.
- BWTL may rely on one or more external services for establishing identity and authenticating the user. BWTL cannot assure the credibility and reliability of those services. User acknowledges that reliance on any external services for establishing his identity and/or for authentication is solely his choice and BWTL cannot be held responsible for any outcomes associated with reliance or non-reliance of such external services.
- BWTL may use multiple mechanisms that rely on user’s information including but not limited to personal, contacts, financial, transactional and biometric data in establishing or re-establishing identity and/or authentication of the user. User acknowledges that no information either singularly or in combination with other information is sufficient to establish true identity and that BWTL’s efforts are on best efforts basis. User indemnifies BWTL of any consequences whatsoever arising out of mistaken identity and/or compromised access irrespective of the reason for such a compromise or vulnerability.
- FRAUD PREVENTION AND MITIGATION
- BWTL at its sole discretion may employ multiple mechanisms that rely on User’s personal, transaction, financial, device, location and such other data gathered either directly, indirectly, through telemetry from its own applications or from any third-party applications or various other sources both related to or unrelated to BWTL to detect, prevent, deter, mitigate and expose fraudulent behavior or any suspicious activity.
- BWTL may rely on third-party systems and tools to safeguard its system from unintended behavior. Such tools may rely on anonymous or non-anonymous information stored, accessed or passes through BWTL services.
- CONTENT IN APPLICATIONS AND ON WE
- BWTL may provide ways Users to post content, request payments or solicit trade through its website, applications and other medium. Such content may also appear in BWTL communication with prospective or current User in any digital, electronic or print forms. BWTL has no control over the existence, quality, safety or legality of the content displayed that is posted by Users and/or third-parties; the accuracy of user or third party content or listings; the ability of sellers to sell items; the ability of buyers to pay for items; the ownership and rights of the content posted.
- User acknowledges that the User or Third Party Content presented is obtained from sources believed to be reliable. BWTL does not provide any guarantee with respect to such Third Party Content and BWTL shall not be held liable for any loss suffered by Users based on their reliance on or use of such data.
- TERMINATION OF PPIS
- To the extent permitted under Applicable Laws, BWTL may at its sole discretion close or wind up any PPI Services or amend any of its features with notice to its Users.
- User hereby agrees that, upon any closure or winding up of the PPI Services, he may redeem the outstanding balance in PPIs or transfer the same to any PPI or bank account held/maintained by him with any third party with in such time as may be determined by BWTL, failing which, BWTL may transfer the balance in PPI to User's another PPI issued by such entity having authorisation from RBI and with which BWTL has made appropriate arrangements.
- USER’S RESPONSIBILITY
- User shall not use any products or services of BTWL to commit, aid, support or conceal any fraudulent, criminal, illegal, prohibited or objectionable activity whatsoever.
- User shall bring to the notice of BWTL vide email to email@example.com of any violations of these terms and conditions or any suspicious activity as and when he becomes aware of it.
- User shall acknowledge the risks associated with electronic financial transactions and shall use all such services offered by BWTL at his own risk.
- User shall, in all circumstances, accept full responsibility for the use of his PPIs, whether or not processed with his knowledge or authority, expressed or implied.
- User shall keep sensitive information like passwords and various authentication and authorisation codes safely away from reach of any other person or entity. User shall not share his personal devices or give access to his account to any individual or entity. User shall be aware of the risks associated with sharing sensitive information and shall be solely liable for any consequences of intentional or inadvertent sharing of personal or sensitive information.
- User shall hold BWTL indemnified and harmless for its actions in good faith and in the normal course of business based on Transactions.
- DISCLAIMER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- BWTL relies on several third party services in delivering its services. BWTL shall not be held liable for any delays, failures, lack of accurate status or fulfillment of transactions or making available information about past transactions that are dependent on third parties.
- BWTL makes reasonable efforts affect all payment instructions but assumes no responsibility and shall incur no liability if it is unable to affect any Payment Instruction(s) for any reason whatsoever.
- BWTL makes reasonable efforts to keep its machines, services available. Several factors outside the control of BWTL may disrupt availability and quality of services. BWTL shall make reasonable efforts to keep users informed about the service quality and availability issues through one or more electronic or digital channels.
- BWTL may rely on third-party systems and tools to provide its services, applications, support and any other functionality. BWTL may make changes to its reliance on such third-party vendors, service providers, partners or any such other entities without any notice to Users and may hold such information confidentially.
- BWTL updates its services regularly to provide better experience and/or more capabilities to Users. In the process BWTL may introduce faulty behavior, lose information related to past transactions, discontinue or break previously available services. BWTL shall make all reasonable efforts to restore any unintentional disruptions. However, BWTL services are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. BWTL disclaims all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including without limitation, any representation or warranty for accuracy, continuity, uninterrupted access, timeliness, sequence, quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, non-infringement or completeness. Specifically, BWTL disclaims any and all warranties including, but not limited to any warranties concerning the availability, accuracy, usefulness, correctness or completeness of information, and any warranties of title, warranty of non-infringement, freedom from computer virus, warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under applicable laws.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained or available on any of the Zeta interfaces or through any other communication channels or through or from any BWTL services shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these T&Cs.
- While BWTL makes reasonable effort to employ state of the art security measures appropriate for offering its services, it does not assure or guarantee that no person or entity will overcome or subvert the security measures and gain unauthorized access to its services or any accounts accounts maintained with it. BWTL is not liable if any unauthorized person hacks into or gains access to the services or to any User's Account. User shall indemnify BWTL of any liability arising out of such hacks or exploited vulnerabilities.
- User shall agree to indemnify, defend and hold BWTL and/or related parties harmless from any and all claims, losses, damages, and liabilities, costs and expenses, including and without limitation legal fees and expenses, arising out of or related to the use or misuse of BWTL services or any violation of these T&Cs.
- GENERAL PROVISIONS
- ASSIGNMENT: User cannot assign or otherwise transfer this Agreements, or any rights granted hereunder or any obligations, to any third party and any such assignment or transfer or purported assignment or transfer shall be void ab initio. BWTL’s rights and/or obligations under the Agreement are freely assignable or otherwise transferable by it to any third parties without the requirement of seeking User’s prior consent. BWTL may inform User of such assignment or transfer in accordance with the notice requirements under the Agreement on best effort basis.
- SEVERABILITY: If, for any reason, a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of the Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of the parties as reflected by that provision, and the remainder of the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. BWTL may amend in a reasonable manner such provision to make it enforceable and such amendment will be given effect in accordance with the amendment terms of this Agreement.
- WAIVER:Any failure or delay by a party to enforce or exercise any provision of the Agreement, or any related right, shall not constitute a waiver by such party of that provision or right. The exercise of one or more of a party's rights hereunder shall not be a waiver of, or preclude the exercise of, any rights or remedies available to such party under this Agreement or in law or at equity. Any waiver by a party shall only be made in writing and executed by a duly authorized officer of such party.
- FORCE MAJEURE: If performance of any service or obligation under this Agreement by BWTL is prevented, restricted, delayed or interfered with by reason of labor disputes, strikes, acts of God, floods, lightning, severe weather, shortages of materials, rationing, utility or communication failures, earthquakes, war, revolution, acts of terrorism, civil commotion, acts of public enemies, blockade, embargo or any law, order, proclamation, regulation, ordinance, demand or requirement having legal effect of any government or any judicial authority or representative of any such government, or any other act whatsoever, whether similar or dissimilar to those referred to in this clause, which are beyond the reasonable control of BWTL or its third parties performing such services as sub-contractor to BWTL and could not have been prevented by reasonable precautions (each, a "Force Majeure Event"), then BWTL shall be excused from such performance to the extent of and during the period of such Force Majeure Event. BWTL shall exercise all reasonable commercial efforts to continue to perform its obligations hereunder.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, such terms of this Agreement as are meant to survive termination / expiry of this Agreement, will survive indefinitely unless and until BWTL chooses to terminate them.
BWTL may elect to resolve any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement or Service provided in connection with this Agreement by binding arbitration in accordance with the provisions of the Indian Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996. Any such dispute, controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in Mumbai, India and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Either User or BWTL may seek any interim or preliminary relief from a court of competent jurisdiction in Mumbai, India, necessary to protect the rights or the property of User or BWTL (or its affiliates, agents, suppliers, and subcontractors), pending the completion of arbitration. Any arbitration shall be confidential, and neither User nor BWTL may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of the arbitration award. All administrative fees and expenses of arbitration will be divided equally between BWTL and User. In all arbitrations, each party will bear the expense of its own lawyers and preparation. The language of Arbitration shall be English.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE SOLUTION
Except as otherwise agreed by the parties or as described in the Arbitration section above, User agrees that any claim or dispute he may have against BWTL must be resolved by a court located in Mumbai, India. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within Mumbai, India for the purpose of litigating all such claims or disputes. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.