Vishing is an attempt to take confidential, personal and financial details (such as passwords, debit card number, PIN, OTP etc.) from customers over the phone by fraudsters claiming to represent banks/RBI/IT department etc. Similar attempts through emails is termed as Phishing.
PRECAUTIONS TO BE TAKEN TO PREVENT VISHING AND PHISHING
When you receive: Suspicious calls, suspicious messages, suspicious emails
1. Validate the number received via call/ SMS/email by calling up the bank's helpline number given on your debit card
2. Call your bank immediately if you have revealed your bank account/card details erroneously
1. Ever share confidential details when you receive unsolicited calls/SMSes/emails
2. If you get a SMS/call asking for banking information, kindly do not provide these Don't leave these details on IVR either
3. Open or forward links in an email/SMS/ chat from messages with questionable authenticity